Translate

Monday 27 April 2015

You are my Sunshine




You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. I love that song and often wander around the house singing to myself, it has such a catchy tune.

Enough about me. I have made this card to enter the Challenge Color Throwdown 339 Yellow, white and black.

I love how this card turned out and it is exactly what I wanted. The butterflies are Hero Art Digital butterflies and I had printed them out on copic cardstock ages ago, just the outlines. Today I sat and coloured with my copics all yellow bar a little grey for the bodies and outline.

Just love how they turned out. Cut the piece to size then placed on an angle on the black cardstock that I had attached to the white card base. Added a few yellow acrylic gems that are different colours to go with the butterflies.

Then of course I had to add the sentiment (really really need to work on planning the sentiment before the cards finished.) Tried and discarded chipboard words, die cut sentiments then looked thru my sentiment stamps and fell in love with the one I used. And of course its a perfect fit.

Might as well add this to the Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog - Clean and Simple.

Hope you like.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

OOOO...Ahhhh! I really love this card. The movement of the butterflies is amazing and your use of the color challenge is wonderful!! And I have become your newest member!! Love your work!! Come on over and check me out at http://thegrandstampede.blogspot.com/ and see my work too...

Joan Ervin said...

Your butterflies are gorgeous...love this awesome design!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

maria f. said...

Such lovely colors. Looks like your butterflies are ready to carry the card off to the recipient.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Aileen! super cute card, luv those butterflies! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*