Translate

Thursday 16 April 2015

You are so Sweet







This was fun but not how it was meant to be. I started out trying to do it like Kathy did her butterfly card in the 30 Day Colouring Challenge but I struggle to do anything subdued. My butterflies all stood out and my outer area around them was too smaller the effect she had done so I will try again.
This was interesting in that these are digital images from Hero Art. I don't have this butterfly as a stamp, don't know why cause I sure use it a lot and it would have been easier to stamp. In this instance I made a rectangular area on the computer then brought the butterfly image in one at a time and layer by layer so I could remove overlaps. It was a LOT of work, so much easier to stamp copies, cut out and mask.
Anyhooo I coloured with copics and did shadow in dark grey then lighter grey then added some blue for sky.
A giant blue precious in the corner and stamped :You are so sweet'. I love that stamp. Mount on some gold card stock then added to white card base. Kept it simple as I wanted eyes to go to the butterflies.
This card is for Day 29 -boo hoo only one more to go. Kathy's 30 Day Colouring Challenge.

2 comments:

Kelly Latevola said...

This is so pretty Aileen! I loved Kathy's card and while yours doesn't look like hers it's beautiful in it's own way. I adore that stamp and I use it a ton too!! I can't imagine how much work getting rid of all that overlap must have been, good for you :)

AJ Bodine said...

I'm not sure how this was supposed to look, but your version is gorgeous! Love the coloring on those butterflies!