Translate

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Going to the Ball

I couldn't think of a better title as I haven't used a sentiment on this card. My inspiration for this card is this picture:


When I saw this photo I loved the dress, all that tulle, the soft colour, the little bits of silver, white, black, red and the sot green background.
I looked at everyone else's inspiration and all I could think of was using someone else's idea. That wasn't what the picture was saying to me. If you go through my blog you can see I love to colour in, copics, watercolour, intense pencils. So I decided to have a go even if its not what is expected. I get that they aren't looking for models and imitations but one of the Saturated Canary images just kept popping up in my head and decided tonight to go with that flow.

Here she is:

the sheer apricot gown flowing from the silver mesh bustier. Satin white gloves and satin apricot ribbon in her hair.


Finished off with red roses and delicate daisies and wee little silver tipped pins in her hair.


to Finish the card off I have run a gold strip down each side of the cardbase then attached the top layer. I wanted to add some greenery. I did this by die cutting a Hero Art palm leaf die I have then using the negative. I sponged or lightly dabbed actually with one of the Hero Art pale green inks, love the finished look.

As you can see her hair has been styled to perfection with soft brown streaks added and a couple of tendrils left out each side to soft the do. Ohh I crack myself up sometimes.

As is obvious I am entering this in the Challenge


If I have taken the interpretation the wrong way please delete my entry.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you come again.



6 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Sometimes you just gotta go with what you feel and I think she is beautiful Aileen!

Marilyn said...

How pretty and a perfect take on the photo inspiration. She's a dreamy confection... gorgeous in the peach. I really like the leaves on the side, that is a clever thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Stunning image. Once again beautifully coloured.

Roxy said...

Ok so she is STuNNING..... Wow marvelous:)

Gayatri said...

WOOHOO! What an awesome take on the Runway Inspired challenge challenge? LOVE your card. Thanks for playing along :)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Your coloring is so stunning, and the little sparkly touches make it so special. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)