Translate

Friday 11 September 2015

Smile



Had been thinking on the gold and green challenge at Less is More for too long. Ended up realising that if I didn't do it now I would wake up and it would be finished. I went with an idea and loved it but there has been errors. Because I didn't give myself enough time to do it in.

I blended Distress Ink (Pistachio I think) Love it. I did it a whole half hour ago and can't remember the name mmmm. Anyway I let the blending fade out so it just went halfway at an angle.

Then I used gold embossing paste with a Stampendous Retro circles Stencil. Don't know how but I missed the bottom edge, could have sworn I lined that up properly. Will need to trim down.

After I finished I thought Gold Die cut sentiment, well I didn't have a gold that went even near it so decided to go with the finest  die cut. 'Smile' with a long before and after line with little twists. Love it, must try with balloons.

Anyway then had to wait for the embossing paste to dry, tried too soon, repaired and waited a bit longer. As I was taking the photo I saw that the stencil had actually lifted a bit of the coloured card stock (I assume this is because the blending was still very tacky so remember if your going to blend colours then use a stencil over the top let the blending dry properly.


Look at that beautiful green and the gold embossing. I have got to try this again.


Well I hope you enjoy your visit and come again soon.


5 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super bold and striking Aileen and a brilliant use of green and gold.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Looks like you had great fun making this one.. the result is super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful...love all your gorgeous gold swirls, so elegant.

Neets B said...

That stencil is fab an I like that shade of green with the gold.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Anne said...

What a gorgeous shade of green, looks great with your stencilling
Thank you for joining our colour challenge
Anne
Less is More