Translate

Monday 7 December 2015

Make a Wish


Have you ever made a card and as your going its ohh this is good, this is good then bugger its not working.

This is it for me. I did the gold embossing of the gems and loved the look on the back card stock. Decided it would be good for the Colour Throwdown Challenge and just needed to add some white. 


First I added a 'Celebrate' sentiment and it looked great. Then for some unknown brain spasm moment I decided it needed more so hunted through my sentiments and decided on 'make a wish' in white. Yep liked it, glued it on then bang I woke up. No no no this is not what I wanted. Should have stayed with the Celebrate, it was understated and worked perfect. The white is too much, it over powers.Here you see an idea and it just ended up wrong. Thought I'd share my moment of 'twit' cause I even tried adding 'wink of Stella' to the white.

hoohum

Okay back with the fixed as best I can card without cutting it up.

The only white now is the sequins. Glued a gold version of the  sentiment over the white.


Took off the white sparkle dot for the 'i' in wish and replaced with a gold sparkle one and now it works.

Would like to enter this in:

only a wee drop of white but plenty of gold and black.



I couldn't see what the challenge was this week so entered. 
Please delete if not correct and my apologies.

Okay thats it for today. thanks for your patience and I hope you come to visit again soon.






4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

This card is a real gem! :-) Really beautiful with the emphasis on the black and gold! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Darnell said...

You are always so hard on yourself, Aileen! I think your cascade of huge gems can hold up to the bold sediment in white, but I also love it in gold! Thank you for all the posts filled with tremendous inspiration!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Not so sure what you are fretting about - this is such a pretty card - but I do like the white version better

Lynne in NI said...

LOL my cards quite often look so much better in the version in my head ;) Yours turned out fab!