Translate

Thursday 28 July 2016

Hello, Miss you.



This is such an easy card. First I coloured a piece of watercolour paper with my Inktense Pencils in lines of colour. Then I wet a brush and brushed over each colour which automatically brightens the colour and blends and smooths it. When it was dry I cut out the Simon Says large 'Hello' from the watercoloured piece of cardstock and then cut out another five layers. Glued them all together then got the pencils I had used for the colouring and a wet brush, Wiped the brush on the pencil to pick up colour then placed the same colours on the sides. An unnecessary step I know but you can see it and it looks cool


I then cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the front of the card. I chose a piece that looks like two different patterns so the 'hello' could go along the curve. Then I cut out Hello again, glued down the negative onto the card front. Put back all the little bits (that really aren't that many or that small so easy to do). Then glued the Inktense Coloured 'hello' back into the negative.





Added three sequins of varying colours then to finish it off I coated the 'hello' die cut in glossy accents. A card that my mum will love.



Challenges



nothing like the smooth glossy feel of glossy accents.





Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.






14 comments:

Ruth said...

It definitely makes a different using the Inktense pencils on the outside. I love Inktense as you know! I love this - the rainbow against the floral and spots :) xx

Becca Cruger said...

SO full of fun color! I have never really embraced orange, but you've shown me a whole new, fun side of it!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely colours! Jo x

Greta said...

Really beautiful hello die cut--love how you did it, Aileen!

Mac Mable said...

Love the attention to detail with finishing off the d=sides and that Hello sentiment is fabulous x

Lori said...

Wow - this is a great card! I love your watercolored sentiment! Thanks so much for joining our floral prints challenge this week at Use Your Stuff!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, that colourful hello is so fun!

missgailly said...

So very cool! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Khristina Sorge said...

So full of color! I absolutely LOVE what did you with the hello detail. Thanks for playing along with the floral paper challenge over at Use Your Stuff!

Khristina UYS DT

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhhh I LOVE your colourful sentiment, I'm definitely going to give that a go :)

cm said...

So pretty! The colourful Hello is lovely, especially paired with your beautiful flowers!
~carol

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card :) Love the bright colors you used n the sentiment. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF
Tina DT

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a clever card! And I loved reading about the details of how you got that unique effect on the "Hello" sentiment! It really pops and yes- it definitely does look very cool! Great combo with the patterned paper, too, and I like how the "Hello" is going on a diagonal. You did a great job and it is always such a treat to see your projects here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Cara said...

Wonderful card, love the shine on the hello. Cara x