Translate

Sunday 19 February 2017

A card for a Challenge or Two and A Card Just Because


Don't fall over backwards here. I have done a card that is perfect for the latest
Muse Challenge And its not one hour before the challenge closes. AS soon as
I saw the inspiration card
done by Tracey McNeely I knew what I wanted to do. I had done a card a year or
two ago using my stamps in a similar fashion but different end to the card. Totally inspired
by Tracey's wonderful card with all the scattered pill bottles and medicines and
the colours and the black layer with white embossed sentiment.

I went with paint tubes, some full and some squeezed, coloured the labels
and the lids and just a little grey to the tubes to give depth.


I white embossed my sentiment that is all to do with romance
"You Color my World" wrong spelling for Australia but close
enough surely.

I went a little bit wild with the enamel dots which I felt look like spots
of paint then took some off cause I realised it was getting a bit full on
but hopefully just a few is okay.

My idea of perfect for the Muse Card Challenge and certainly inspired
by Tracey's Card.

I'd also like to enter this in Shopping our Stash #290 Romance without a Heart
I see this as a romantic card and hope they do too.

I'd also like to add this to the Allsorts challenge #403 anything Goes
No restrictions so perfect.




This other card I did cause I had her printed up and just wanted
to colour her in. Isn't she a sweetie and with that sentiment
'Whatcha' doing?' She's from Tiddly Inks and a digital
image and I think I bought her a long with a few others at 50%
off -wahoooo


Coloured her in with Copics, played with her hair for a bit
and then added Glossy Accents to her bow so its got a nice
shine to it.

Then decided to use some pattern paper that looks like a fence
and decided to have her in a window in the fence (cause
everyone has a window in their fence!!!!). Well I just liked
the look so that was enough for me cause I was just colouring
and making the card for fun.


Challenges, lets see......

Whatcha' Doing?
I think its CAS but if not let me know and I will remove. Thanks




Whatcha' Doing? perfect for the anything Goes
Challenge.





Whatcha' Doing? card- my favourite tool - Copics




Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.










37 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Brilliant! Loving the paint tubes. Your second card is so adorable.
Flo x

Mac Mable said...

Your first card really stands out. Contemporary layout, fun colours and absolutely perfect for the MUSE challenge. What a cute second card and as always gorgeous colouring x

Christine L said...

Both are fabulous Aileen... I'm loving the top one with the enamel dots looking like paint drops... clever idea! And the second..... just too cute - she's adorable!!

Christine x

Ardyth said...

Aileen - those drops of paint are so genius! Such a fun take on this week's Muse! So glad you joined us!

Estelle TBT said...

Great cards Aileen!
We had the same idea with the paint tubes 😉...
Love your rainbow colors and the little drops of paint.
Fabulous take on Tracey's card!

Nora Noll said...

Oh what beautiful cards. I LOVE the fun one with the paint tubes. The little "drops" are such a fun accent!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Your Muse card is gorgeous!! Love the enamel paint drops - such a fun way to use them.

Unknown said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration card ! I love your paint tubes and above all these drops of paint ! Absolutely beautiful ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
Izzy Scrap

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards. Love the paint tubes with the drops of paint. Making a note to check out some of these challenges.

Karren said...

Ha ha! When I first got the WP9 set, I colored up a panel of the paint tubes just like this. I was going to make it up into a card for the Muse challenge, until I saw your card in the gallery! Great minds and all that! Gorgeous cards, Aileen!

Donna said...

Colour is spelled wrong for us Canadians too...but ah well...close enough right?
Fab cards and thanks so much for getting "Heartless" with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew!

Bobby said...

Darn I wish I'd thought to use the paint tubes for that challenge, Aileen. They are perfect for it and I do like the enamel dots you added. Your little girl is just darling.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a totally fantastic card duo here! Each one is so unique and clever in its own way. I am loving those bright paint tubes and how you used the enamel dots to represent the paint spilling out. And yes- the gray shading you did really brings those paint tubes to life. On the second card, I love how the background pairs with your adorable girl. It is seamless and sweet! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun cards Aileen and those paint tubes are just fantastic--love, love, love! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are fabulous Aileen! Such a clever use of the enamel dots and your colouring and shading on the paint tubes looks so realistic!

Mimi said...

Hi there! Thanks for sharing that first card at SOS: a perfect romantic card for just any day, and the addition of the enamel dots is ingenious! The second card is so sweet-- I am not a "colorer" like you clearly are, so I'm always impressed when you take a flat image and make it dimensional with ink! And I love that wood background. Cheers!

Sarn said...

WOW - two very different cards here. I especially love the paint tube one.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Hannelie said...

LOVE your take on the Muse! Brilliant coloring Aileen!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is a fantastic take on the Muse card! Love your bright and cheerful card!

*Vicki* said...

Your coloring is just amazing on both of these cards!! Love the paint tubes!! :)

Liz McGuire, said...

Hello, I'm following right back! Cos' I've just had a scroll through your blog and your cards are fabby! Love the bright colours on the first one and that sentiment on the second is perfect, Liz x

Ruth said...

I love the paint tube card!! I love all the enamel dots too - gives it some added depth and texture. Loving your hair colouring on the digital image. We did hair at the course yesterday and it was so good. Definitely see if you can seek out a class near you! xx

Chris Dring said...

Two fabulous cards! Your coloring on that first one is amazing! Those paint tubes look so real!! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

Greta said...

Cute Muse card & what a sweet digi image!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

My friend, I'm so late in coming here to tell you what a fabulous and gorgeous card this is. Those paint tubes look so real and the paint splatters add so much dimension.
Awesome coloring my dear, fabulous card.
Thank you for playing along a SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again next time.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic cards! Thank you for sharing your card at ATSM!

ElizStewart said...

Just fab!!! Did you mention where the paint tubes are from? W+9, maybe? No worries... love the result...it is perfect!

Anita in France said...

That little girl peeking through the fence window is just adorable, Aileen ... and your colouring is awesome ... such a sweetie! Oh my, those paint tubes ... and the 'drips' of enamel dots ... sooo brilliant ... seems I could reach in and pick one up! Congratulations on your top spot at Muse! Hugs, Anita :)

Marilyn said...

Great cards! The little girl is adorable and cute, cute, cute!
I love the paint tubes and using the enamel dots as dripping paint is brilliant!

Deni(se) said...

I really love the paint tubes card ... so colorful and happy feeling!

Deni(se) said...

I really love the paint tubes card ... so colorful and happy feeling!

cm said...

Alas, I’ve again fallen behind in commenting, and as much as I’d love to dive into each missed post and leave love, I’d wind up even further behind (not to mention cluttering up your mailbox *grin*). As it is, you know that *gorgeous, fabulous, amazing, stellar* are my responses to your exponential creativity (need to figure out a new vocabulary…) so please consider those added to your gallery, as of this minute! Right now, focusing on the cards in front of me that are…well, see the previous list! Your little girl is darling! And your paint tubes? Don't even get me started; colourful tubes of sheer delight! Love 'em!
hugs~carol

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts z

Karen Dunbrook said...

love these mf....especially the paint tube one...colourful and so fun!
xx Karen

Viv said...

Well done on the win with the first yummy card Aileen! and love that sweet litte girl on the second one too ;) hugs Viv xx

Kim Heggins said...

Love your cards....your first card is so amazing!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh I'm lovin your pretty ink tubes, and your sentiment looks fab pointing off the edge :)
And I love your little TI girl, she's a cutie (though I kinda have an issue with stamps with no mouths, I'm always tempted to draw in a mouth!!)