Translate

Sunday 22 October 2017

A Couple of Halloween Cards




I have to admit I'm not really into making Halloween cards as Halloween isn't something that we celebrate big time over here. It's only in the last 10 years or so that people have been getting their kids dressed up and even that is rather hit or miss. I would say probably the kids in their late teen's and early 20's are enjoying dressing up and having parties. And very young children are now being taken around just within their street to neighbours they know dressed up.

Cards are not exchanged as far as I know so even though I made Halloween cards I didnt have any sentiments other than the ones I used last year 'Trick or Treat' Smell my Feet' which didnt work with these cards so I looked at other sentiments I had that could work as well and I really liked how these turned out.


My cards are fairly plain, I have seen some of the most amazing cards with brilliant backgrounds and scenes but I have settled for pretty CAS. These stamps are from a set I bought on line for $5.00- cool hey. They all come as separate parts you stamp and build a body.


So here we have a Zombie with a bit of leakage, a glowing pumpkin
and a bodiless cat saying 'hi'.  Fab sentiment 'Let's get together' for
Halloween or any occasion and finished off with this brilliant Washi tape.


My next card I decided to use three Characters from the set. Just love Frankenstein 
and stamped him and the Zombie and the pumpkin and then The Vampire -ooops
he looks like he is tangled in the pumpkin and that glow is shining right up his bum.
Must be getting pretty hot, probably why he looks the way he does or it could be because
Frankenstein has his fingers stuck right in his face, probably up his nose. too graphic? Sorry!!


All coloured with Copics. This one is finished off with some glitter ribbon on the side
and a few sequins in the Halloween colours and a perfect sentiment
"We're all quite Mad You'll fit right in".

Again perfect for Halloween or just some other occasion.



Challenges:


We're all quite mad here!





Lets get together






I think the second card  picture & sentiment suits
 your challenge perfectly
'We're all quite mad
You'll fit
right in'




Lets Get Together Card




'We're All quite Mad Card




Lets Get Together Card



Thank you so Much for Coming to Visit













22 comments:

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Super cute cards!! I think they are adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

Wendy L said...

You have done a grand job, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxxx

brenda said...

Two real fun cards Aileen and I think the sentiments works well with the images, many thanks for joining in with our Halloween theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Jane Willis said...

Super cards, all the characters are spookily cute. Thanks for sharing at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
Jane

lostinpaper said...

Halloween is a stressful time, I never know whether someone is going to come knocking, so I have lollies on hand ready to hand out... but I usually end up eating them myself (although I 'try' to wait til after the night though).

Maria Rodriguez. said...

OH Aileen, this cards are adorable!!! super fun and colorful too!!
The sentiments perfectly fit each one, this set you bought must be lots of fun to play with.
I love Halloween, when my grandchildren were little, I waited for them to come to our house all dressed up and say "Trick or Treat" Grammy.
Here Halloween is always a big thing, the problem is the weather, if it's to cold or raining, the little children don't come, or they wear their heavy coats on top of their costumes, which is sad because they are really cool.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH Aileen, hope you come back and play next time.
Hugs, my friend.
Maria.

Mac Mable said...

Fun cards and love how you've put them together, so imaginative. We don't celebrate Halloween here either x

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stamps, Jo x

Ruth said...

In Scotland it was always a big thing and was called Guising (as in disguise). My little ones will be dressing up and going down the Terrace getting too many sweets and will get sick. Great fun! Lol!! I never usually make cards either, but I've been enjoying a Sugar Pea Designs set I bought. I really like how your Mummy is leaking...... urgh!!! Xx

Mimi said...

Oh, what fun cards! Yes, I'd say mummies are walking dead! Haha, your second card and your description had me cracking up! Thanks for sharing at SOS this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Your sentiments are as wonderful as your stamps, Aileen! "we're all quite mad..." is the best of all!
fab BOO licious cards!!!
=]

Donna said...

Love your CAS Halloween cards!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our walking dead challenge!!

Donna said...

Me again!
This time I am back to say thanks for getting your zombie on with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

Barbara Godden said...

Both cards are super cute thanks for joining us for the Walking Dead challenge at Shopping Our Stash. changing "hats" Thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of snarky stampers for Z is for Zombies.

BożenA said...

This is a very good purchase of stamps. You conjured up real Halloween gems. I especially like the first card, very nice mummy :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Cara said...

Fabulous cards. I don't bother with Halloween, but do love the cute stamps that are produced for it!

Mel Gee said...

Love these they are great.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Crafting by Designs https://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...just love these card. Love your spin on Halloween, so much fun.

susiestacey said...

Great fun cards.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Halloween' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Greta said...

I'm not big on Halloween, but I do like your cute cards, Aileen! Your coloring is great & that Washi is so fun!

Lindsey said...

These are such fun! And I don't really know anyone (except us cardmakers) that actually exchanges Halloween cards. They're just fun to make! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous creations! Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at Allsorts and hope to see you next week!