Translate

Sunday 3 May 2015

Mothers Day



Here's the card for mum for Mothers Day which is next weekend but I don't have to worry. Mum doesn't go on computers, not computer say at all so no chance she will see before Mothers day.



This was another one of my attempts to start out one layer but then it just took on a life of its own. Fist I masked off a section and used distress inks pink and orange and blended them towards each other. Flicked a couple of drops of water to add some texture then of course I had to spray with shimmer spray. Did this panel a week a go to give it time to dry properly and not spread ink as I have a habit of doing.
I had been playing with my Uniko Stamp set and stamped and white embossed on vellum. Managed to miss one section on the front on flower (gerber or daisy?) on every one I stamped, this was before I got my Misti :). Anyway they were just sitting there so I coloured the back of the vellum with copics a couple of shades of pinks and oranges.
Sat and cut them all out. Love the look, fiddled around a bit and the card just looked right with just the two flowers and left of the leaves, it just worked for me.

Now I set up to stamp 'MUM' sentiment on the outside as I planned to stamp all the other inside. Used the Misti, still managed to get a bit of stray ink. Did it in black and hated it straight away.
So I die cut a tag, used the mist and ink much more carefully and used Charcoal Grey - Hero Art ink. Perfect or was for me. Added some twine that is coloured in pinks and another piece coloured in oranges. Then a few enamel gems in both colours.


Inside I used the stamps from Stamplorations (Mom subway art builders). I used the new Hero Art Ombre  ink pads pinks and oranges meeting in the middle. Just chose some of the words, not all and of course had to take out the mom words as we say MUM.


I think mum will like this, though they are my favourite colours not her's. I tried to use mum's but it just didn't work for me so maybe next time.

Ok I thought I would enter this in Just Us Girls  Word Week 291 - Twine.
I'm hoping this has linked. Its not showing up and when I went to do again I was warned it was a duplicate so will have to see when I come back.
Thanks for coming to look.



2 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your Mum tag and twine and those gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Oh my, those flowers are stunning! Love the bit of twine on the tag. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!