Translate

Sunday 8 November 2015

Watercolour Celebrate



I saw the Sketch Challenge over at Always Playing with Papers and I liked what I saw.



I don't think I have played with a Sketch layout before but theres a first time for everything. Lot more thought has to go into something like this.
Unlike the majority of my cards that I just make what I want and find a challenge to fit it here the rules are already set.
I used a background paper that I bought from Papertrey in a set of white and gold designs This one being with big gold dots. The next three layers were all cut with stitch rectangle and circle dies. The green is a pale green weave look paper. The next layer is a piece of watercolour paper that I had previous sprayed with watercolour sprays in colours pink, orange and a smudge of yellow.

This panel behind the stamped and embossed flower was a great match up with the colours I watercolored the flower image with.
The flower stamp is one of the Altenew flowers and I have to say one of my favourite to look at, just so soft and wonderful lines to it.
I spent an afternoon painting this flower that was stamped and embossed in either gold or white on scraps of watercolour paper with my Kuretake watercolours. Whenever I go back to using these I remember why I love them so much. Maybe not so easy to set up as the watercolour pens but such a pleasure to use. The paint is so creamy and delicious to use and results just breathtaking.


I added the watercolour panel with fun foam behind it as I had added the three little gold tags and they would have caused a bump in the watercolour layer. The gold tags were just hand cut as I don't have tag dies (or at least I don't think I have!!)

Finished off with the small 'Celebrate' die cut that had a long swirl in front and behind but I cut off the one in front as I didn't feel it worked this particular time.

I was very happy with the end result.

Would like to enter this in:





Thank you for coming to have a look and I hope you visit again soon.



9 comments:

Ruth said...

Love that watercolour panel and love the watercolouring on the flower. Have you got the Gansai Tambi paints? I think I'd prefer them to the colour brush pens as I don't get on with them at all. I haven't done a sketch challenge in ages as they take me forever, so good on you! Xxx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Unknown said...

Stunning! That image looks fab and lovely sketch!
Lucy x

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful...love your gorgeous flower. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge.

Darnell said...

You really put a lot of thought and work into the various elements, Aileen, and the result is magnificent! The background and the flowers do match perfectly and it's such a vibrant card! Thanks for the reminder that I need to remember to use my paints now and then instead of reaching for my markers! And thank you for joining in the fun at The Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Nance said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love the colors you used with the gold and that gold sentiment! Thanks for playing The Challenge! Hope you play again soon!

Jo Rice said...

Beautiful, just my sort of card, brilliant watercolours and such a fabulous tone of orange. Thanks for joining in with our Fussy and fancy challenge. Jo X

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous. The flower is beautiful and I love your choice of papers and embellishments.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy
Hugs Sharon. x

Janis Lewis said...

This is so pretty. I love the gold flower lines. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks.
DT Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy
PDE Linky Party