Translate

Saturday 21 January 2017

Thanks, you've been AMAZING


Alcohol inks, pinks and watermelon but in the photo they look red. Really are
pinker IRL. Just squirted the alcohol inks on my craft mat and then squished
the glossy card stock in the ink. Added a bit of colourless blender and squished
some more. Fiddled till I was happy.
Die cut the large 'Thanks' die from Simon Says once from the glossy card
stock and three times from white card stock. Kept all the bits and pieces from 
the glossy card stock cut so that when I layered the white die cut I could replace
the coloured pieces. In the process I lost two wee little pieces so added some
'Worn Lipstick' pink distress ink with a very fine paintbrush to the two spots
that were missing the coloured pieces.


Watercoloured the little birds from Purple Onion, fussy cut them then mounted
with a bit of dimensional foam tape and finished it all off by stamping with
black StazOn  the sentiment from a MFT stamp set. Lucky I decided to do this
with the Misti cause it too 4 stampings before the ink was dark enough and
clear enough to read. Of course being glossy cardstock meant every time I stamped
it stuck to the stamp so make sure to position well in the Misti so it goes back to the
exact same spot each time.

Very happy with the end result.



Challenges :

Stamped, alcohol inks and die cuts + watercolour










Thank you so much for coming to visit and I hope you come again soon.




14 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Aileen that background looks amazing the little birdie and the wording show up beautifully, super make
hugs
lorraine x

Viv said...

Great colour background Aileen. Got the dust off the alco inks and then realised no Blending Solution left! Have to wait now till I can get some!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful color and movement in your background, Aileen! I love that large die cut Thanks and the adorable little bird! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my friend, how I wish you live next door!!! so you can teach me how to "squish" colors like this.
Love the effect you achieved with this technique.
And, how can you not LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Purple Onion little critters??!!! Such sweet images and you colored them beautifully.
Awesome die sentiment too.
Big hugs, my friend.
Maria.

Loll said...

Beautiful AI background Aileen. And your bird is so adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

lostinpaper said...

I just know that I've got some glossy cardstock here somewhere for just this technique.... I remember buying it and those pad thingys for the blending tools.... but yet to create said technique lol. thanks for the reminder and the wonderful inspiration yet again!

Bobby said...

I love a good smooshed background, Aileen, and this is definitely one. I don't have alcohol inks but either way smooshing is the way to go.

cm said...

I'm joining you in being delighted with this card! Such a fabulous background for your sweet snuggling bluebirds perched on the Thanks! Adorable in every way!
Hugs~c

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors on your wonderful AI background Aileen! The birds are just adorable on the die cut thanks! Thank you for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cute and a wonderful background!

Greta said...

I have a terrible time using my alcohol inks, so I especially admire your beautiful background, Aileen!

Susan said...

Love the look you got with the alcohol inks. I struggle with them every time I pull them out! They dry so fast! I haven't tried smooshing them...maybe I should! Love the pinks!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

what a beautiful background from your alcohol inks, it made a stunning card
thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers

Barb Housner (DT)

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the little birds and the thanks!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!